Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chocolate Sweet Potatoe Fries with Chocolate Honey Dipping Sauce


Finals are cruelly approaching.  Only 2 more weeks left, and then imma out of here! But in the meantime, there is always chocolate.  Dear chocolate, thank you.  Thank you for so many things.  Thank you for being that last calming nudge I need to help me get down and dirty with my philosophy paper and actually write it....

Thank you for reminding me of cold nights next to the fireplace, reading, with a warm cup of hot chocolate in my hands.  Reminding me of those times I carried a whole bar of your wonderful deliciousness in my ski jacket pocket, and discreetly nibbled you away on chair lift rides so no one would be able to steal you away from me. 

Oh, chocolate, you have been with me through thick and thin.  We are not quite to the holiday chocolate shenanigans YET, but in the meantime, thank you for giving me solace in the form of chocolate sweet potato fries. 

What's that you ask? Can chocolate and sweet potatoes really go together? YES. Yes they can, and in times like these my friends, they must.  And they do so beautifully.  The dipping sauce is optional, although I would highly encourage it.  However, if you are a tired and stressed college student cramming for finals like me, then you are in dire need of chocolate's wonderful blissing out qualities, and the dipping sauce is a must. Stay sane my friends, and remember, chocolate is always there for you.





Chocolate Sweet Potato Fries and Dipping Sauce 

Sweet Potato Fries: 
1. One sweet potato
2. One tablespoon olive oil
3. One tablespoon cacao powder

Chocolate and Honey dipping sauce:  
1. Two tablespoons honey
2.  One tablespoon cacao powder
3.  Dash of water

Directions: 
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.  Slice the sweet potato into thick slices.  Coat them with the olive oil and cacao powder and bake for about 40 minutes.  In a small bowl beat together with a fork the honey, water, and cacao powder.  Add salt to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment